The City & Guilds International Vocational Qualifications in IT
A diploma in IT Systems Support will help learners explore areas where they already have some basic knowledge and want to develop their skills.
To achieve the qualification, learners must take a total of 4 units.
At least 2 of these optional units must be at the level of the qualification and from the Systems Support group of options, the qualification covers:
- maintaining equipment and systems
- customer care
- installing, configuring and maintaining hardware and software
- systems testing
- working to industry standard repair procedures.
IVQ Diploma in IT Systems Support
To achieve full certification, learners must complete a total of 4 units.
- 402 Customer support provision 2 (PA)
- 403 Install and configure ICT equipment and operating systems (PA)*
- 405 Testing ICT systems 2 (PA)
- 408 Install, configure and test ICT Networks (PA)
On completion of this qualification, candidates may progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- City & Guilds IVQ Advanced Diploma in IT Systems Support
Aim of the qualification
This qualification was developed to keep pace with the fast-changing information in the technology sector and for candidates who
- want to install and support ICT systems
- career progression within the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) industry
The aims of this qualification are to:
- meet the needs of candidates who work or want to work as systems support professionals in the ICT and other sectors
- allow candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sector
- Minimum form 5 students,(with 2 credits in SPM) or with 1-year relevant working experience
- All new students are required to register within a designated period. Late registration will not be considered.
- Must attend the class 90% and pass the practical test.
- 1 year (full course) to complete for diploma course
*arrangement under schedule
- Flexible Timetable!
- Instalment Scheme Available!
- Can study & work simultaneously!
- Internationally recognized qualifications!
*The college reserves the right to make any appropriate changes